About Me

My photo
Nakhatrana-Bhuj, Kutch-Gujarat, India
World's No. 1 Database of Lord Bajrang Bali Statues and Temples in India and Abroad on Internet Social Media Site.**Dy. Manager-Instrumentation at Archean Chemical Industries Pvt. Ltd., Hajipir-Bhuj (Gujarat). Studied BE, Instrumentation and Control Engineering (First Class) at Govt. Engineering College, Gandhinagar affiliated to Gujarat University.**

Blog Archive

Friday 8 January 2016

Jatayu in Ramayan

Bhagwan Shri Ram and Sheshavatar Lakshman came to their Panchavati hut but they found no sign of Sita there. They felt worried and went about looking for her but all of no avail. Shri Ram felt extremely unhappy. So Lakshman said, “Don’t lose hope so soon, brother. She might have gone into the forest or to the river. Let us go and see.” Saying so Lakshman along with Shri Ram, went southwards looking for Sita.
Going over a considerable distance, they found Gidh-Raaj Jatayu lying half dead on the ground. They ran to him and recognized him. Shri Ram said, “Lakshman ! He is Jatayu, our father’s friend.” Saying so, both the brothers seated beside the dying Vulture King Jatayu.
“Dear Sire, what reduced you to this condition ? What sinner has clipped your wings ?” Lord Ram asked to Jatayu.
“You have come Ram ! I was waiting for you, I held on to my life, O Ram ! I wanted to tell you about sita”. Jatayu was just on the verge of death. So he could speak a few words with difficulty.
“News of Sita ! Where’s she ?” Questioned Shri Ram.
“He abducted her….” Said Vulture Jatayu.
“Abducted her ! You saw Sita ?” Canvassed Ramchandra.
“My son, I’m very very ashamed, O Ram ! That I couldn’t save Sita from him.” Responded Gid-Raaj.
“Save her from whom ? Who took her away ? Queried Shri Ram.
“He, the Evil Ravan, flew in air away with her in his flying chariot.” retorted Jatayu.
“Flew through air ?” Interrogated Raghuveer.
“Yes, Ravan-The king of demons, carried her away. The poor girl Sita cried out for help all the way. I wanted to stop Ravan, I fought with him too, but with his Chandrahas Sword, he cut off my wings, and I fell to earth.” Repudiated Vulture Jatayu.
“Sire, in which direction did he go ?” Inquired Bhagwan Ram.
“He went southwards.” Claimed Gidh-Raaj.
“Southwards ! Give me his direction.” Catechized Shri Ram.
“I don’t know where Ravan went, My daughter Sita was very unhappy. My son Ram ! free her from this danger soon. To protect one’s wife, it is the first duty of every husband.” replied Jatayu.
“Rest Assured, Sire Wherever the sinner has flied, none can save him from me. Heaven, earth or netherworld hide where he may, I’ll find him and light his pyre there ! Not even Brahma can save him from my arrows now.” Said Ram.
“O Ram ! May you, may your purpose bear fruit, I am going now to my friend Dasharath, Give me leave Ram.” Said Vulture King.
“O noble soul, you have sacrificed your life for me, I am eternally indebted to you. You protected my wife Sita as my Father would, and I shall avenge your murder as a son.” Responded Lord Ram.
“This is what I had hoped of you.” Told Gidh-Raaj Jatayu.
“I have this request to you, when you ascend heaven and meet King Dasharath, Please don’t tell him of Sita’s abduction. I promise you, If I be my Father’s son, I shall soon dispatch Ravan and all his house to heaven, He’ll tell my Father all that happened !” revealed Shri Ram.
“God will surely give you victory son” Saying so, Jatayu breathed his last in God Shri Ram’s lap.
“Lakshman, brave beings like Jatayu who follow the Dharm of protecting the weak are born among birds and beasts too. A warrior who dies fighting a brave enemy in war ascends the heaven of valour, he too will ascend the same heaven. He’ll attain salvation. Like King Dasharath, he is as a Father to be revered by us. You gather wood from the forest; I shall perform the last rites as a son should.” Shri Ram instructed to Lakshman.
Lakshman acknowledged and do what Shri Ram told.
Asking for the boon of uninterrupted devotion, The vulture King Jatayu ascended to God’s realm. The last rites, with all due ceremony, a devoted Shri Ram performed with his own hands.
“O Great Vulture Soul, may you ascend the highest heaven, May you be blest” Vocalized Lord Shri Ram.

No comments:

Post a Comment